Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My two cents

on Fonzie.

Why do people think he is so cool?  He lives in the Cunningham's garage and hangs out with a bunch of high school nerds.  Is it the leather jacket that gives the impression of superiority?  The sweet pompadour?  The limited vocabulary?  He appears to have no friends his own age (I have guesstimated him to be about 30) and spends an inordinate amount of time in a public restroom. 
I can understand that he was the best prospect for a girl like Laverne or Pinky Tuscadero but I don't really understand why the other flocks of high schoolers who worship him.
Growing up there was a similiar character in my town.  His name is Hefe, he wears a lot of camoflauge and would buy us beer when he came around the local hangouts.  He was about 10-15 years older than us and even though he hung out with us no one ever thought he was "cool".  The last time I saw Hefe, his camoflauge outfir failed him and I could see him smoking crack in the bushes by the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment